Getting Ready (10/31/15)
My friend Chloe was headed to St. Catherine's Halloween night so she could visit a friend who goes to Brock University so she dropped by our friend Henry's place to grab a costume to borrow for her brother. She also wanted to see us before she left to greet us a Happy Halloween so I just walked over to Henry's so I could see her too before she left.
Henry, Chloe, and I
My sister Bridgette and I went to the mall again, this time with my friend Kristina accompanying us. We met up with my godson DJ and his parents and went around the mall together. Kristina and I saw that our friend Stephanie was at the mall too with her family and caught up a bit. After we stopped by most stores we decided that the treat action wasn't high enough so we decided to just go trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. When we went trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, I saw another one of my friends, Craig. He was helping his friend hand out candy so we said hey, got our treats then went about our way.
Me and Minnie Mouse Kristina, Ninja Bridgette and Ninja DJ, Bridgette and I
Cinderella (2015)
Shortly after I was comfortable I opened up my internet browser. As I did that I was getting a notification from my cell phone that someone was calling. When I saw who it was my first thought was "Oh no". It was Henry calling. He had work so he wasn't able to go out for Halloween. I was clearly already content where I was so when I answered the phone I was going to say no to hanging out, but turns out it wasn't him on the other line. It was his sister, Michelle. Who he probably got to call me because he knew there would be a lesser chance of me saying no then.
Long story short, it's a Halloween Saturday night and I got baited to get out of bed to join them in whatever they were doing. It was around 10:30 pm and we were driving around the neighborhood. They were looking for a house that still had it's lights on so they could make me go up to the door to trick-or-treat at. First off I had no costume since I had already changed into pajama's, then changed into a sweater and sweatpants, secondly I had no bag, and thirdly it was raining and cold out.
We drove a little bit until we found a house with the front lights still on. Thankfully there are no pictures I can add onto this blog post but Henry and Michelle both took videos which I hope will not surface the internet because it was an embarrassing experience, something I seem to get whenever I hang out with them. I got bored sitting in a parked car outside the house for quite some time. But we weren't moving until I went out there. Then I jokingly agreed that if I had a bag I'd go. Henry got a purse from the trunk and said Michelle would join me.
I didn't have a hood or an umbrella and it was still raining so I reluctantly put my jacket over my head and ran towards the house. I knocked on the door (it was almost 11 pm now and trick-or-treaters should be long gone) and waited for someone to answer. Michelle was beside me recording and Henry was behind us also recording. The man that came to the door looked a little startled, I said "Trick-or-treat!" and held out the purse. Michelle, who was still in her Halloween costume, also said trick-or-treat and held out her jacket pocket. The man then turns around to where they kept their treat stash then turns backs to us and says "Sorry but we're already out".
After that we finally drove to their home and watched some episodes of The Flash. And that's how my Halloween this year went. If next Halloween was anything like this years, I'll be sure I don't make plans to go to bed before midnight because it just won't happen.
Until then, Fatima




No comments:
Post a Comment