So this is how my day went down. I got to school almost 2 hours before the actual exam to get some more studying time in. I saw Victoria and Austin sitting at one of the tables in the hallway so I went over and asked how it was going, then I said I was headed over to the library to study. They followed me since it was getting too loud in the hallway with the piano playing to focus. As we went to the library we saw Kirk already there studying so we asked him to join us. An hour later Richard came by to the library and soon enough it was exam time.
We all basically huddled in as fast as we could because we wanted to get the exam over and done with as soon as we can. I was one of the remaining 3 people still there minutes before our time was up. My friends Scout, Varad, and Cameron waited for me a bit longer than intended because I had to meet up with and speak with another teacher in her office about some guidelines to an assignment after my midterm. So my friends basically waited over an hour for me...thank you!
As soon as I told them I was ready to go we headed out, this was around 6:30pm. We TTC'd to Dundas so I could get my Greyhound ticket for my commute to Guelph tomorrow. I met this guy named Adrian in line to buy a bus ticket. He started talking to me but at first I wasn't sure if he was speaking to me because the first thing he said to me was "Can't you just get your friends over there to hold onto your backpack? Save you the trouble of holding it." So I called over to my friends and Scout got my backpack from me to hold onto, thanks Scout!
So Adrian being the friendly stranger I had just met told me some stuff about him such as he goes to the University of Waterloo for Psychology and he's getting into Business now and how he's buying a bus ticket to see his family in Ottawa who he hasn't seen in 4 years. Then I exchanged some information about myself, that I was with my friends and we're going out to celebrate having finished our midterm and that our break officially starts now. And then he asked for my last name to add me on facebook. I'll accept his add after I'm done writing this blog.
After he and I bought our tickets he told me to link him to my blog. I'm embarrassed now because this blog is still a work in progress. As soon as I go over to my friends I go "Look I've made a friend and his name is Adrian!" and then he walks over to say hi and then he parts ways with us. He was a really nice guy, if you're reading this right now, Adrian, thanks for keeping me company in line. Afterwards my friends and I started to make our way to Jack Astor's and we waited about 10 minutes for us to be seated. Cameron and Varad ordered burgers, Scout ordered pasta, and I ordered a quesadilla. Afterwards we all took some pictures together and then parted ways. Varad and Scout went on the Westbound subway together whereas Cameron and I went on the Southbound subway together to head home. By the end of the day, I'm just feeling lucky and blessed that I have the friends I have now to join me on my journey of being a journalism student in Toronto.
Not going to lie, I couldn't stop laughing while I was editing these pictures
In the middle pictures Cameron looks like he's my Mother trying to smother me and me accepting it in the second picture and Varad just looks like a confused Father in both pictures. Oh my gosh I'm laughing again right now as I'm typing this. I'll see you all again after this week long Thanksgiving break, don't miss me too much! ;)
Until then, Fatima
P.S. If you have a moment pray or send good thoughts to my Ninang (godmother) Precy who hasn't been feeling too well these past couple days. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment