Thursday, 18 September 2014

Scavenger Hunt Downtown

    Scavenger hunt?! Cameron, Scout, Richard and I created our group of 4 last Wednesday for an assignment for one of our classes. The assignment consisted of a shot list of places to go to downtown and to take pictures of certain places in different areas. It's so we can "blog" about it (made a flickr account for it) and provide information about the places we went to for marks. But before I do that I'll blog onto my own blog first. So after our only class today, political economics ended at 6:20pm, we headed down to Pape station so we could commute to and transfer to get downtown. Scout knew the way best out of all of us so we followed her.

First time taking the Southbound platform Subway

   That was my first time commuting to downtown Toronto with friends, and first time strolling about downtown since I moved to Toronto just a mere 2, almost 3 weeks ago. I was thrilled by everything I saw, all the buildings and lights looked glamorous, especially when night fall came. There were so many stores and restaurants as well, everywhere we turned. So we didn't have too much of a problem looking for the locations on our list.

Figuring out how to pose for the pictures with Scout and Richard

Smiles all around for the group selfie

   Although at one of the gardens where we were required find a monument to take a picture of, Richard got a drunk middle-aged man shout obscene things and throw crazy gestures at him...We, and Richard included, thought the man was just going to be asking him for directions but Richard said he could smell the alcohol in the man's breath while he was shouting and flailing his arms. The rest of the time we were joking around on how he cursed him and how he should probably have a rosary on him from now on and that we need to keep an eye on him in case something else happens to him. I couldn't stop laughing. It was hilarious! But he is alright. Just a little freaked out at first, but it was good to laugh about it a lot afterwards.

Me in the pretty and not sketchy Courthouse Garden (Photo credit to Scout)

Richard, Scout, and I

This view was lovely (Photo credit to Cameron)

   After finding all the things on our list and taking pictures of and with the places in the background we headed down to Eaton Center mall for their food court food for dinner. I wanted to go into Eaton's from the Dundas Square area so I can get some pictures in.

Cameron photobombing Dundas Square like a child

There's me in Dundas Square! And Cameron awkwardly standing by, lol

   All in all it was a fun time and a cool assignment. I was finally able to go downtown with friends (because they had no choice this time) but I would like to go back there again with them and others as it seemed to be the place to be.  

Until then, Fatima 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate