Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Waterloo Trip: Delayed Part Two

    Where I left off on my last post was the part where we were headed to the sushi place for dinner. Also apparently I sounded emotionless in my last post...probably because I was tired and just sticked to stating my itinerary during that time. Which is why I don't enjoy writing my blog's tired. Which is actually just a lame excuse on why I haven't been daily blogging lately.

   Alright so putting this blog up to speed. It really was great seeing everyone again and catching up. It was a breath of fresh air. To which Dyan responded with "Literally, because Waterloo air is cleaner than Toronto's." She was trying to get me to write my blog while we had time at her place but I told her I remember details well anyways and I didn't want to work on my blog while hanging with her and others. Live in the moment and all, you know? After dinner we all headed to Conestoga mall, except Steph, who made her way to the shuttle bus to get to Guelph earlier. After walking to Conestoga mall, since it was walking distance from the sushi place, we all browsed around some stores. The others (Miffy, Josh, and Kristina) were headed back home to Guelph Friday night as well to spend the weekend with their families. And Chloe and Isabel live in Guelph. So after browsing around Conestoga mall altogether until closing time I was left with Dyan and Paulo.

   Since it was still early, 9pm, Dyan and Paulo said they knew of this great bubble tea place that they've been to before near their campus. So we bused back to the campus on which I borrowed a sweater first before we headed out again since it was getting chilly. On the way for me to borrow a sweater we actually ran into one of Dyan and Paulo's friend Gabe. We invited him to us on our trip to the bubble tea place. While we were walking there there was actually a good amount of people/students out and about. Then again it was a Friday night and we were in and around the university and residence area. Basically we drank bubble tea and played games such as Scrabble and Jenga there. The bubble tea place is called "Sweet Dreams" and if you're ever in the Waterloo area I highly recommend it. That was my first time trying mint chocolate bubble tea and it was great! My taste buds were enlightened.

Scrabble Scores:
  Paulo: 72   
Gabe: 45
Dyan: 42
    Me: 31

   Anyways we ended up staying up late catching up. I talk a lot, it's one of my flaws. When I first woke up (smart of me to set an alarm on my phone otherwise we might've missed the run), I called Dyan to see where she was and she told me she accidentally passed out in her laundry room while doing laundry. After laughing at the predicament she was in I called Paulo to see if he was still up for the run. He said he wasn't at first. Then as I was getting ready I got a call a couple minutes later saying that he was going to get ready then he would join us. We ran to the halfway point, 3.5k, because we were all tired from the night before. 

Starting Point of University of Waterloo's Annual Fun Run

   Shortly after the run Paulo was the first to pass out. While he was sleeping Dyan and I were doing some covers and she searched up the chords so she could also play them on her ukulele. We covered some Marina & The Diamonds (Lies, Homewrecker, Starring Role), Sam Smith (Stay With Me, Money On My Mind, Leave Your Lover, I'm Not The Only One), One Direction (One Thing), Little Mix (Boy), and NSYNC (This I Promise You). After covering all those songs Dyan wanted to make some mac and cheese for lunch and while she did that she said I should probably take a nap too but I said I didn't feel like it...I ended up passing out as well, at least got in 20mins. And when I woke up Dyan was done cooking so it was time to eat lunch. Paulo went back to his dorm afterwards because he needed to work on some assignments and study more so Dyan and I were just walking around (which I believe made up the rest of the 5k). While walking about we found a Marble Slab and of course we had to stop for ice cream on such a hot day.

  
    Two hours before I got picked up that's when Dyan passed out. Paulo came over an hour before I left to say bye and Dyan was still sleeping. I had to wake her up anyways for her to give my family the directions of how to get to her place. We ended up just meeting my family at the Sobey's near her place since they still couldn't find it. When they picked me up we had dinner at some Pho place near downtown Kitchener. 

   I stayed overnight Saturday in Guelph then took the Greyhound bus back to Toronto Sunday afternoon at 4:20pm since the 2:20pm was sold out. Ended up getting back to Toronto at around 6:30pm then got back to my Ninang's place around past 7:30pm. I was extremely tired but I had to finish up some assignments and attempt to do some review. 

   Soon (after Richard's done his part) I'm actually going to be helping fix up a group project for school, should be easy enough since it's a blogging project and Scout already started it off pretty great. After I add in my part then Cameron will add in his. I made our group account with WordPress since I'm already using Blogger. WordPress has definitely been more of a struggle to work with since I'm clearly not used to it. Blogger for the win. 

   Oh yeah before I forget to add in, Chloe visited me again Sunday morning before I left for Toronto to drop off some food and coke with my name on it. Thanks Chloe, that was so nice of you! Also I told you the picture was going onto my blog. ;)

She said she couldn't find a Fatima

   Blogging daily seems to be getting more difficult and difficult. Yesterday I had a full school day. Didn't do much other than attend 2 of my 3hr classes. I even stayed a bit after school with Kirk in the library to work on the same assignment, and then Cameron waited for me since we subway home together. And today I did nothing but sleep in, eat, go on social media sites, and blog, and going to blog some more for my project. I heard from some of my friends while eating dinner altogether on Friday that they've read some of my blogs so that's pretty awesome. Hope to see them all again sometime! It can't be sometime soon though since everyone's starting to get busy with school. Mid-terms will be coming up shortly. Maybe around Thanksgiving when I have a week break (yay), hopefully I'll see some of them. 
   
   I wouldn't mind visiting the University of Waterloo again, the whole place is huge and I felt like I haven't explored enough. Did you know you can go through the entire university and never leave the buildings? There's a map for it and everything. Apparently the use of it is for when the weather isn't great. Although it's not the quickest way to get to places but since Dyan and I had some time we walked in through some of the universities buildings to get across campus.

I actually don't remember where this is, too many places

Until then, Fatima

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate